Accueil - Bienvenue en France
Bienvenue en France
Bienvenue en France
On May 17 2023, Paris-Panthéon-Assas University was awarded the “Bienvenue en France” label with 2 stars
The "Bienvenue en France" label is awarded by Campus France and recognises institutions which have developed systems that ensure the successful integration of international students. The label is awarded for a period of 4 years and is available at three levels: 1, 2 or 3 stars. The score obtained by Paris-Panthéon-Assas University attests to the quality of the welcome given to its international students.
As the internationalisation and attractiveness of higher education have become fundamental concerns for third level institutions, Paris-Panthéon-Assas University has made welcoming international students one of its priorities and has adopted a proactive approach.
Campus France has identified a number of our strengths in this area:
Accessibility of information
- A very comprehensive website, particularly in the 'International' section
- Clear, comprehensive information on courses, some of which have dedicated websites and/or video presentations on Web TV Assas
Support for international students
- Clear information designed for international students and distributed in all centres
- Multilingual staff
- A dedicated pre-start period for international students every semester
- Preparatory and pedagogical training before the start of the academic year
- Free courses in French as a Foreign Language (General French and French for specific purposes)
- Availability of some courses and course material on line
Availability of Computer Equipment
- Computer loans
- State-of-the-art multimedia equipment
- Microsoft licence available for students
- Support for disabled students
- Adapted space and tools for the visually impaired
- Staff trained in mental health issues
- Students who are trained to help others with issues relating to health and prevention (étudiants-relais-santé)
- Prevention initiatives
- Entrepreneurship programmes
- Initiatives to familiarize students with the professional world
Other concrete initiatives are currently being developed, such as the creation of a Welcome desk, the recruitment of student advisers to welcome new international students, the introduction of a "student-entrepreneur" option in various Masters courses, the Alumni network, an English-language website, the "Mon Assas" phone app, etc.
In addition to this approach, the “Bienvenue en France” label is also used as:
- A tool which informs international students about the actual conditions in which they will be welcomed at different institutions;
- A tool which helps promote our university internationally.